- Mobile Pantry- Our mobile pantry is equipped to meet those who are food insecure right in their neighborhood. This is an old beverage truck that has been converted into a mobile pantry. Our mobile pantry occurs all month long in Clark, Champaign, and Logan Counties. There are even some Saturday opportunities. Volunteers help to set up and clean up as well as assist clients with selections and carrying items to vehicles when needed.
- Onsite Pantry- Our onsite pantry is open 5 days a week, providing our clients with an opportunity to get fresh produce and other grocery items weekly. Volunteers help with stocking food items as well as assisting clients during Pantry time.
- Donation Processing- Our donations must be sorted and weighed in order for our clients or agencies to be able to use them. Volunteers may help with sorting food items into appropriate bins or packing items into boxes. Individual volunteers may be working with other groups or volunteers.
- Warehouse/Operations Support- Volunteers help support our Agency Relations department by assisting our agency members with our agency shop-thru area. Volunteers may also assist with our senior box distributions. Volunteers may also support our Maintenance staff with cleaning duties as needed.
- Spread the Word- Tell your friends and family about Second harvest and encourage them to be a part of the team.
For our available volunteer hours, please call Melena (937) 325-8715 ext. 101 or email: email@example.com.